We have a growing library of over 100 homemade beauty products, but I would like to create a long list of quick homemade beauty tips right here.
Then I want you all to join in by posting your best tip in the comments below!
So, I will start things off with a few of my diy beauty quickies… and I’ll say it again, no excuse for repeating it, you can add yours below in the comments… Don’t be shy now 😉
1) Fast Face Care
Most people will use expensive vitamin E cream when they’re in need of an energy boost, but it’s really not necessary.
- Just break open a capsule of the concentrated vitamin E you can find at most pharmacies or health stores.
- Smear the wonder oil onto the skin of your face before bed
- This is one of the best homemade beauty tips!
You could also try adding oatmeal to your homemade moisturizer to massage into the skin of your face. This will work as an exfoliant, but so gentle you won’t feel a thing. Try to use a circular movement and then rinse off with cold water after around 5 minutes.
Take a look at all of my DIY skin care recipes here.
2) Tee Tree and Toothpaste
When you can see or feel a spot coming on, dilute some tea tree essential oil in oil (at 1%) and dab it onto the area. I then apply a blob of toothpaste before going to bed. The tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic, and the toothpaste is a good spot treatment.
When the toothpaste dries, it will draw toxins out from within the skin. And the Peppermint in the toothpaste will cool and act as an anti-inflammatory.
3) Natural Exfoliators
The following ingredients are all natural and work wonders for exfoliating your skin
pineapple juice, tomato juice, lemon juice and milk.
Apply any of these freshly squeezed juices or the milk directly to your clean skin using a cotton ball.
4) Avocado Those Wrinkles
If you’re really in a rush, grab an avocado (as fresh as possible) and slice it into halves. Remove the stone from the centre and rub the flesh all over your face.
This should dislodge dead skin, leaving your face sparkling. Rinse off when finished.
5) Face Masks Made Easy
Face masks don’t have to take all day to make, just make up your own face mask by combining one beaten white egg, with a teaspoon of vitamin C powder.
This will take your face mask to the next level in mere seconds. Just leave it on for about 5 or 10 minutes, and then rinse off.
Alternatively, apply a layer of mayonnaise to your face and wait 10 minutes. The egg in mayonnaise will leave your skin feeling incredible. Just rinse off with some warm water.
6) Lasting Lip Care
Getting hold of a good lip balm when you’re busy isn’t always easy, but nearly everyone has honey! Just melt a tablespoon of honey with a teaspoon of rose water then leave it to cool.
Pour into a small pot and then use whenever you have chapped lips.
If you spot the beginnings of a cold sore, grab some calendula tincture and dab some on. This will dry and heal the affected area before it gets bad.
7) Home Hair Care
When your scalp is in need of some care, an anti-dandruff tonic is an excellent way to leave your hair feeling beautiful.
Mix 8fl oz of Witch Hazel with 2 to 3 drops of Rosemary essential oil
Shampoo and condition your hair using your regular routine, towel dry and then spread the tonic over your scalp evenly with your fingertips.
8) Olive Oil for Damaged Ends
Here’s a great homemade beauty tip for damaged ends. Massage a little Olive Oil into the ends of your hair and wrap it in a warm towel for five or so minutes. To rinse out, just shampoo and condition as you normally would.
9) Style Your Hair With Beer!
Pour some flat beer into a spray bottle and squirt a thin layer over your hair. This will act as an effective styling product! The smell of the beer should vanish when dried.
Check out many more diy hair treatments.
10) Face Lifts In Minutes
- To instantly reduce puffiness, fill a bag with ice and apply to your face. We recommend you not do this if you’re prone to broken veins. The cold of the ice will not only reduce puffiness, but also stimulate circulation.
- If you’re prone to tired eyes, find relief in placing slices of cool cucumber over the lids of your eyes. It’s an old trick, but never fails to work. You could also try camomile tea bags (used and squeezed). Rest with them briefly for around 5 minutes.
- As a treatment for bags under your eyes, paint a little egg white onto them and allow it to dry. Then, apply your makeup as normal. As the egg whites dry, it shrinks, pulling in the skin under your eyes together.
- It may sound strange, but haemorrhoid cream along your jawline and on puffy cheeks can take 10 years off you in little more than 10 minutes! Alternatively, use an anti-cellulite cream which contains either butcher’s broom or hawthorn.
This was just a snapshot of my recipes, check out hundreds of natural beauty recipes for skin, hair, bath and more!
And now it’s Your turn!
Please post your top tip in the comments below 🙂