I love making homemade jewelry and this stunning silver pendant necklace is one of my favourite necklaces; it can be adjusted to any length so it looks great with just about any outfit.
- You don’t need any special jewellery making tools for this, and best of all it can be put together in a matter of minutes.
- The most important thing when making this silver pendant necklace is to make sure the holes in the beads are big enough, the silver aluminium beads will need to have a hole of at least 1.5mm.
- Some of the gold ridge spacer beads need to be threaded on to double the thickness of cotton thong so they will need to have a hole of about 3mm, this should give them a nice snug but movable fit.
What You Will Need:
- A length of 1.5mm Cotton Thong
- 1 Silver color aluminium Pendant (around 45mm in size)
- 2 Silver color aluminium Round Jewelry beads (13mm)
- 2 silver color aluminium Round Jewelry beads (16mm)
- 8 gold plated, brass ridge spacer Jewelry beads (6mm)
- Thread the cotton thong through the silver aluminium pendant and then add two of the gold spacer beads to the top of the pendant as shown, this not only looks good but keeps the pendant in place.
- Leave about 1 1/2 inches of the cotton thong showing before tying a knot in the thong.
- Add one of smaller 13mm silver beads, followed by three of the gold spacer beads and then one of the larger 16mm silver beads. Secure with another knot.
- Repeat the sequence on the other side.
- Thread both the ends of the cotton thong though the last gold spacer bead, and then knot the ends together. This last gold spacer bead should be a nice snug fit but still slide up and down the cotton thong with ease allowing the size of the necklace to be altered to any length.
One of the easiest ways to make a quick and stunning homemade necklace is to add an attractive pendant to a length of leather thong or cotton cord.
Check out how to make this Attractive homemade pendant necklace
I hope you enjoy making the pendant necklace as much as I did. What homemade jewelry do you like to make?