Here’s how to make chain tassel earrings at home using multiple lengths of lightweight chain for a low cost stylish and elegant look.
I love making homemade earrings and this is another great way to use up those leftover beads, wood, resin, glass and shells. Various shapes and sizes can be mixed to create these fashionable unique earrings.
Supplies You Will Need For DIY Chain Tassel Earrings
- 2 Jump Rings – Jewelry Findings
- Length of lightweight chain (about 12 inches) – Jewelry Chains
- Selection of Jewelry Beads
- Bead caps (optional) – Jewelry Findings
- Earring wire – Jewelry Findings
How To Make The Chain Tassel Earrings
- String the beads onto the eye pin in your preferred sequins.
- You will need to create a loop in the eye pin just above the beads so that it can be attached to the ear wire. (See the basics of how to make homemade earrings for a step by step guide).
- Carefully open the ear wire and slip on the beaded eye pin, then close it up again.
- Cut the chain into six 2 inch pieces.
- Open a jump ring and thread on three of the chains, then hook it through the loop at the bottom of the eye pin before closing it up.
- Trim the chain to required length and repeat the processes for the second earring
Try threading a seed bead onto the ear wire and jump ring for an interesting look
Now you know how to make chain tassel earrings, take a look at the other homemade earrings featured here on SavvyHomemade.