I love to make head pin earrings and I’ve spent many fun evenings with friends and a couple of glasses of wine showing them how to make them. Yes, they really are that easy!
The stylish head pin earrings you see above are great fun and incredibly cheap to make, you can literally create endless pairs for every occasion in minutes.
And you can make them in just about every style and color thinkable, so you can enjoy wearing unique homemade earrings every day without the hefty price tag! Which is great because let’s face it you can never have enough earrings!
What You Will Need:
- 2 headpins & 2 earring wires Jewelry Making Findings
- Selection of Jewelry Making Beads
- Round nosed pliers
- Wire Cutters
Let’s Make Head Pin Earrings:
- Thread the beads onto the headpins; you will need to leave about a 1/2 inch of the headpin free at the top. If you have more than a 1/2 inch, trim it down with the wire cutters.
- Using the round nosed pliers bend the head pin directly above the beads into a 45 degree right angle.
- Now hold the bent head pin at the very tip with the round pliers, and roll it back up and around upon itself to create a loop leaving just enough space to slip on an earring wire before closing completely.
For more detailed information on this technique please visit the basics of making homemade earrings.
I’m sure that you will love learning how to make these head pin earrings as much as I did!