This natural homemade wrinkle cream has many benefits. Aside from being considerably cheaper than commercial store-bought wrinkle creams, you’ll find it much gentler on your skin and often far more effective.
The recipe below is part of my 3 step facial at home series, its a combination of beneficial oils along with a nourishing herbal infusion, this makes a perfect anti-wrinkle cream that’s great for tackling any ageing effects on the skin… and it’s very easy to make.
Before I get to the specific wrinkle cream recipes below I want to give you a few reasons why I make my own!
4 Reasons To Make This Homemade Wrinkle Cream
Here’s the deal:
- Many commercial anti-wrinkle creams contain harmful ingredients in small quantities. While they might look like tiny amounts, rubbing them into your skin on a daily basis can often compound the cause of wrinkles rather than reduce them. There are no harsh or drying chemicals when you make your own wrinkle creams and other DIY skin care recipes, so your skin will look and feel softer right away.
- Aging skin develops fine lines and wrinkles, but there are other signs of ageing that you should be aware of. As we age, our pores appear larger and the skin beneath our eyes can also darken and appear saggy or even puffy. The key to keeping your skin looking and feeling youthful and wrinkle-free is hydration. Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin from the inside, then use some non-drying homemade wrinkle creams to add to the hydration levels on the outside.
- Increased exfoliation, or renewal of the skin cells, also gives your skin a younger, fresher look and feel. However, exfoliation can cause skin irritation in some people. Honey contains natural moisturizing ability, can contain some Alpha Hydroxy Acids and also helps to gently exfoliate your skin all at the same time. Honey also has significant natural antioxidant properties.
- Other ingredients in my effective homemade moisturizers also contain natural antioxidants which play a role in protecting your skin from damage caused by UV rays and in aiding with rejuvenation of your skin cells. On top of these benefits they also help to reduce the appearance of dark circles beneath your eyes.
This natural homemade wrinkle cream recipe is fantastic, its one of the first creams I ever made and the reason this post gets so many views. It’s perfect for tackling any ageing effects on the skin and it’s very easy to make.
Please note that this recipe contains water and has zero preservatives, so remember to use it within 3 weeks. Alternatively adding a preservative at 0.5 gram will increase the shelf life to around four months.
If you are looking for other recipes that last longer you can create a moisturizer that is oil based or contains a preservative which will give you an 18 month shelf life. Having said that if you’re not giving it as a homemade gift and its just for you.. and I’m not sure why anyone would give this away 😉 then there’s no problem.
For best results, use this cream within 2-3 weeks (or adding a preservative at 0.5 gram will increase the shelf life to around four months)
- 1 1/2 fl oz (40ml) Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 fl oz (20ml) Calendula Oil
- 3/4 oz (20g) Cosmetic Grade Beeswax
- A handful of Dried Calendula Flowers for infusion method below.
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) Frankincense essential oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) Lemon essential oil
- 2 Oz Cosmetic Jars
Homemade Wrinkle Cream Ingredients
- The sweet almond oil in this recipe is excellent for all skin types and is most commonly known for its ability to soften, soothe, and recondition the skin. It’s genuinely wonderful as a carrier oil and is just as fantastic in skin care creams.
- Calendula is a very effective oil that makes for an excellent base for creams, salves and facial recipes. It’s cooling and gentle on the skin which also makes it fantastic for baby oil recipes. The infusion gives a soothing effect to the cream and is very useful for any dry or flakiness within the skin.
- Frankincense essential oil will help to slow down the appearance of wrinkles and maybe even help to reduce the extent of the wrinkles you already have.
- The lemon essential oil helps to banish facial wrinkles, clears the skin and helps to boost circulation. Lemon has a brightening effect on shallow skin, and a mild bleaching effect on age spots that can restore the tone back to your skin, giving it a more youthful look and feel.
- Measuring jug
- Large, heavy – based Stainless steel saucepan
- Wooden spoon
Step 1. With a handful of Calendula flowers and 10 fl oz (300ml) boiling water, make an herbal infusion. A herbal infusion is made by placing the flowers into a jug, pouring boiling water over them and then leaving it covered to cool. The mixture then needs to be strained and kept in the fridge.
Step 2. In a large heavy – based stainless steel saucepan, melt the beeswax. Add the calendula and sweet almond oils, beating steadily with a wooden spoon or whisk, and then add 2 tablespoons (30ml) of the herbal infusion in a slow trickle.
Step 3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and keep stirring until the cream has cooled to almost body temperature. Add the frankincense and lemon essential oils and then give it another good stir (If using preservative add it here when the cream reaches around 45C).
Step 4. To stop the oil and water separating you need to stir until the cream has completely cooled.
Step 5. Spoon into airtight jars to ensure the essential oils are well preserved, clear jars need to be kept in a dark place.
Step 6. Before you go to bed, cleanse your face and gently rub in the cream going from jaw to cheekbones, around your eyes and over your forehead. Massage the cream into your neck from the base to chin.
I hope you enjoy making this as much as I did, but please remember to use this cream within 2 weeks! Or for something that lasts longer try this anti-wrinkle serum that contains a natural preservative.
Want to know the best part?
This wrinkle cream recipe is just a part of a step 3 at home facial that I follow each day… and I have several recipes for all skin types in each step.
Here Are Some Quick Kitchen Cupboard Wrinkle Creams That I Also Enjoyed
A Smoothing Anti-Wrinkle Skin Lotion
This natural homemade anti wrinkle cream is great for smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles in your facial skin, but you can also get some great results when using this lotion on cracked heels or dry hands.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Massage the lotion gently into your skin, using a light, circular motion. Leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse off with water.
A Quick Anti-Wrinkle Moisture Mask
For something a little quicker try this mask.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons milk
- In a small pot or bowl, mix honey and milk together well.
- Smooth the mixture over your face and leave on like a mask for 10 minutes.
- Rinse well with warm water. When the mixture is removed from your face, splash your skin immediately with cool water to act as an astringent to reduce your pore size.
A Firming Face Mask
This natural homemade wrinkle cream is thick enough to be used as a mask. This will help hydrate your skin, smooth out fine wrinkles and firm your skin on your face and neck beautifully.
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 Egg White
- 1 teaspoon Glycerine
- Approx 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey, egg and glycerine together.
- Add a little flour and stir into the mixture. Continue adding small amounts of flour until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- Smooth the mixture over your face and throat. Leave on like a mask for 10 minutes and then rinse off completely with warm water.
- When the mask is completely removed, splash your face lightly with cold water to act as an astringent.
- Store any unused portions in a sealed container in the fridge.
What’s the bottom line?
The overnight anti wrinkle cream above is truly great, it is fresh and contains zero preservatives, but remember it should be kept in the fridge and used within a couple of weeks. If you would like something that will last longer try my homemade anti aging serum which contains a natural preservative to make it last up to a year!
And don’t forget to take a look at all of the other natural beauty recipes.