As with the homemade bubble bath and the liquid base scrub recipe, this homemade shaving cream recipe is made using a liquid base and can also be diluted to make a shower cream by adding extra liquid during the cooling/hardening stage. It won’t lather up quite as much as a normal shower gel would, but it does have a lovely rich and creamy feel to it.
What You Will Need For A DIY Shaving Cream:
- 1/2 cup Clear liquid soap base
- 3 oz white Melt & pour soap base
- .5 to 1 oz Shea Butter
- 1.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) Essential Oil (I used Rosewood essential oil for its skin firming values)
- 2 or 3 drops of red food dye
How To Make The Homemade Shaving Cream:
- Measure out the liquid soap base and pour it into a clean bowl.
- Melt the Melt and Pour base soap and the Shea Butter together then fold it into the Liquid Soap Base. Then add your essential/fragrance oil and the food coloring to the mixture.
- Cover, and then set aside for 24 hours until the mixer has thickened
- Transfer your diy shaving cream to a clean container ready for use.
Next, take a look at this homemade shaving soap for men.
Do you have a homemade shaving cream recipe? What other spa recipes have you made using a ready-made liquid bath base?