When it comes to making soap at home this luxury melt and pour recipe is great. It’s simple to make and is adaptable to suit any skin type just by choosing the correct oil to match your skin.
Selecting The Oil For Your Homemade Face Soap Recipe:
Select one of these carrier oils (based on your skin type) to use in the recipe below.
|Normal or combination skin: Sweet Almond Oil|
|Mature skin: Wheat Germ Oil|
|Sensitive skin: Peach kernel Oil|
|Dry skin: Apricot Kernel Oil|
|Greasy or irritated skin: Jojoba Oil|
|Oily or blemished skin: Sunflower Oil or Avocado Oil|
|Wrinkles: Evening Primrose Oil|
This makes about 4 bars of soap, if you only want to make 1 bar use 4oz soap, 1/2 teaspoon oil and a 1/4 teaspoon of both THE bees wax and Shea butter.
- 1 lb of opaque Melt & pour soap base available at Amazon
- 1 tablespoon of the organic carrier oil to match your skin type (above)
- 1 teaspoon Shea Butter
- 1 teaspoon Bees Wax (chips or grated bees wax)
- Place the oil, wax and butter into a microwavable bowl or a double boiler, heat until wax becomes soft and has began to melt. (If you are using finely grated bees wax you can usually add the wax, butter and oil straight into the melted soap without melting it first).
- Melt the soap following our double boiler Melt and Pour guide.
- Once the soap has melted, stir in the lightly melted oils and mix until all are melted and well combined.
- Pour into a prepared mold and spray with rubbing alcohol to remove bubbles, allow to cool and harden before removing.
Have you made homemade face soap? What recipe did you follow?