Step 3 In My Facial At Home Series – Homemade Moisturizers
The third step in my natural facial at home series is moisturizing and these homemade moisturizers are so cost-effective to make you really can’t go wrong. They will create a barrier against pollutants in our environment, they will penetrate your skins epidermis and keep it hydrated all day. The final step in your daily facial routine is to use a homemade face moisturizer.
- Moisturizing is often viewed as the most important aspect of a skincare routine, but as we have seen the other two steps are very important so don’t miss them out. Homemade cleansers and homemade toner.
- A Homemade moisturizer will hydrate your skin and create a barrier against pollutants in our environment. It should penetrate your skins epidermis and and keep it supple all day.
- Making your own natural homemade beauty products will allow you to create something that is original and suitable for your skin type.
- By saving money on store-bought moisturizers you can apply these liberally knowing that they cost you next to nothing to make!
- Remember also that water is essential for maintaining a youthful and well-nourished skin. Drinking 8 glasses of water along with using a good quality diy face moisturizer, will keep your skin feeling smooth and supple.
The Best DIY Moisturizer Recipes:
Each of these face moisturizer methods have been tried and tested by me personally, they work very well and are lots of fun to make!
Each method also contains variations for each skin type (Mature, Dry, Oily, Problem, Sensitive, Combination), so your choice of which method to use is just down to personal preference. With a few recipe tweaks you can buy ingredients once and actually make one of these for every person in your family, young or old!
Most of you will agree with me that shop bought skin cream is very expensive. But did you know that making a natural DIY face cream is often better for…
How much do you spend a month on expensive skin care products and facials? Making this homemade facial oil at under $5 for a 2 oz bottle will give you better results…
My diy anti-aging serum recipes are very intensive and highly concentrated, if you use one of these under your homemade moisturizer it will help it penetrate the skin. It will also boost hydration…
This natural homemade wrinkle cream has many benefits. Aside from being considerably cheaper than commercial store-bought wrinkle creams, you’ll find it much gentler on your skin and often far more effective.…
Today I’m showing you how to make my Rose and Argon oil face cream which is a very luxurious take on my popular diy face cream. Rose and Argon oil are…
Okay guys, let’s talk DIY skin care. Although times are changing and many guys are starting to take proper care of their skin, there are still so many men who…
Lip balm is one of those skincare essentials that really make the difference. I’ve made lip balm before, but unfortunately for anyone who can’t use animal products it has beeswax.…
Have you seen eye creams you can buy in a store, or maybe even tried to make your own DIY eye cream? I’m sure you have, but sometimes I feel…
Other Moisturizer Recipes
Vitamin Enriched Natural Face Moisturizer
This is a high-intensity natural face moisturizer recipe with a wonderful rich and creamy texture, that’s suitable for dry and mature skin. I’ve made and used this cream many times; I love it and would encourage anyone to give it a try.
Use within four weeks unless adding a preservative
- Place the chamomile and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, then strain the liquid (infusion) into a clean bowl and leave until cool.
- Gently melt the lanolin and beeswax in a heavy based saucepan.
- Slowly beat in the oils, then remove the mixture from the heat and beat in 2 tablespoons of the chamomile infusion.
- Pierce the vitamin capsules and squeeze them into the cream, then give it another good beat.
- Stirring the homemade moisturizer whilst it cools will stop the mixture from separating.
- Once cool transfer to a clean glass jar with a lid and store in a dark place to protect the oils.
Revitalizing Day Cream (suitable for all skin types)
This rich homemade face moisturizer has a great healthy mix of avocado and sweet almond oils, and with the revitalizing and refreshing benefits of the lemon and geranium essential oils, it will certainly put a spring in your step.
If you’re a sun lover replace the lemon essential oil with lavender, as citrus oil should always be avoided when sunbathing.
What you will need
Use within four weeks unless adding a preservative
- Gently melt the oils and wax in a heavy base stainless steel saucepan.
- Warm the mineral water and slowly add it to the oils stirring vigorously.
- Remove from the heat and stir until the cream reaches room temperature to avoid separation.
- Spoon the cream into clean glass jars pop the lid on, and shake until completely cool.
- If you are using a clear glass jar you will need to protect the essential oils in your homemade moisturizers by keeping them out of the daylight.