Step3 Use A Homemade Moisturizer
The final step in your daily facial routine is to use the homemade moisturizers. Remember that water is essential for maintaining a youthful and well-nourished skin. Drinking 8 glasses of water along with using a good quality moisturizer, will keep your skin feeling smooth and supple.
Vitamin Enriched Natural Face Moisturizer
This is a high-intensity moisturizer recipe with a wonderful rich and creamy texture, that’s suitable for dry and mature skin.
I’ve made and used this cream many times; I love it and would encourage anyone to give it a try.
Use within two months
- 1 teaspoon dried (1 camomile tea bag may be used) or 1 tablespoon fresh camomile
- 3 f l oz (75ml) Water
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Lanolin
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Bees Wax
- 2 1/2 fl oz (75ml) Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 250iu vitamin A capsule
- 1 250iu vitamin E capsule
- 3 drops Geranium essential oil
- Place the camomile and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, then strain the liquid (infusion) into a clean bowl and leave until cool.
- Gently melt the lanolin and bees wax in a heavy based saucepan.
- Slowly beat in the oils, then remove the mixture from the heat and beat in 2 tablespoons of the camomile infusion.
- Pierce the vitamin capsules and squeeze them into the cream, then give it another good beat.
- Stirring the homemade moisturizer whilst it cools will stop the mixture from separating.
- Once cool transfer to a clean glass jar with a lid and store in a dark place to protect the oils.
Revitalizing Day Cream (suitable for all skin types)
This rich natural face moisturizer recipe has a great healthy mix of avocado and sweet almond oils, and with the revitalizing and refreshing benefits of the lemon and geranium essential oils, it will certainly put a spring in your step.
If you’re a sun lover replace the lemon essential oil with lavender, as citrus oil should always be avoided when sunbathing.
What you will need
- 1 1/2 fl oz (45ml) Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 fl oz (30ml) Avocado Oil
- 1/2 oz (15g) Bees Wax
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Mineral water
- 2 drops lemon or Lavender essential oil
- 1 drop Geranium essential oil
- Gently melt the oils and wax in a heavy base stainless steel sauce pan.
- Warm the mineral water and slowly add it to the oils stirring vigorously.
- Remove from the heat and stir until the cream reaches room temperature to avoid separation.
- Spoon the cream into clean glass jars pop the lid on, and shake until completely cool.
- If you are using a clear glass jar you will need to protect the essential oils in your homemade moisturizers by keeping them out of the daylight.
Essential Oils Moisturizer
By using essential oils you can make lovely rich homemade moisturizers, and with a little know how you can mix several different combinations for different parts of the face and apply them just where they are needed!
Homemade Face Moisturizer For Men
With more and more men using a moisturizer, this rich yet not overpowering homemade face moisturizer has been designed especially for men, with a spicy and masculine blend of bay, cedarwood and clary sage essential oils.
Homemade Eye Cream Recipe
Because the skin around the eyes is fairly thin and extremely delicate, it will benefit greatly from using this natural homemade eye cream.
Homemade Facial Oil
Here’s an excellent balancing facial oil for night time! This is a wonderful skin balancing oil that’s suitable for all skin types and it is quickly absorbed into the skin without leaving any greasiness.