Here’s how to make bath fizzies, they are little blocks of beautifully scented fun that will make wonderful unique and inexpensive gift for anyone.
Watch your diy bath fizzies buzz away whilst a therapeutic aroma fills the air. Feel the warmth of the cocoa butter (which is often described as the ultimate moisturizer) flowing through the water and on to your skin.
And here’s the best bit, these things only take about only 10 minutes to make!
How To Make DIY Bath Fizzies
- 2oz (57g) cocoa butter
- 2oz (57g) bicarbonate of soda
- 1oz (28g) citric acid
- 3 tbsp (45g) cornmeal (cornstarch)
- 6 drops of diluted cosmetic pigment or food coloring of your choice
- 6 drops of essential oil of your choice
I’ve used rose essential oil with pink food coloring this time
- Grease some small molds or an ice-cube tray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a double boiler or a bowl sat on a sauce pan of water and place over a low heat until melted.
- Remove from the heat, add the bicarbonate of soda, citric acid and cornmeal (cornstarch) and stir thoroughly.
- Add the drops of coloring and essential oil then stir.
- Spoon into molds and place in the freezer to set.
- When hard, turn out of the molds.
- Store these diy bath fizzers in the same way you would chocolate (not because they will go out of date but so they keep their shape). I keep mine in a plastic container in the refrigerator.
Gifting The Homemade Bath Fizzies
An empty body butter container is great for this and can quickly be dressed with a ribbon or bow to make a lovely gift.
They also look pretty when placed in little glass jars or you could try wrapping them up like sweets with fancy foil wrapping paper or in a simple piece of tissue paper.
Take a look at these homemade bath salts as they also make fantastic gifts!
I hope you enjoyed reading!
I would love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment or ask any questions below.