Age defiance serums are generally classed as treatments rather than moisturizers and this is one heck of a treatment. It’s a home remedy that helps prevent wrinkles and keeps for a year, its packed full of natural ingredients and feels divine!
Yes, it is a little pricey to make, certainly more than my homemade wrinkle cream and some of the other skin care recipes but it’s better than shop bought and you will only need a few drops of this treatment.
The quantities below are for 100 ml which is around 3 .3 oz which is a fair amount for a single serum, so feel free to reduce the quantities to suit your usage.
Making My Serum For Wrinkles
Makes 100ml (3.3oz) and keeps for up to a year
Suitable for dry to normal skin
The vitamin E in this recipe is Vitamin ET-50 Mixed Tocopherol oil, it’s a 50% mix, which is slightly cheaper than the 95% oil.
The organic Rosemary Antioxidant CO2 Extract is the best choice for a natural preservation in your skincare products. It’s guaranteed to contain healthy quantities of the key ingredient Rosmarinic acid which makes this recipe keep for up to a year.
- 30grams (30%) Apricot Kernel Oil (6 teaspoons)
- 25grams (25%) Rosehip Seed Oil (5 teaspoons)
- 20grams (20%) Evening Primrose Oil (4 teaspoons)
- 15grams (15%) Macadamia Nut Oil (3 teaspoons)
- 10 grams (10%) (2 teaspoons) Vitamin E oil (2 teaspoons)
- 5 drops Rosemary Antioxidant CO2 Extract
- 12 drops Essential Oils
I haven’t given a specific essential oil because I think it’s important to choose one that you like the smell of, and to be honest, the carrier oils here are so good that adding an essential oil is fairly optional.
However, if you want to go the whole hog (which I usually do) you may want to consider one of the following, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Myrrh, Neroli or Rose. Rose essential oil is very expensive so you may want to consider using Geranium or Rosewood as a substitute; all are good for cell regeneration.
- Combine all the oils together and store in a cool dark place.
- If using essential oils you will need to store this serum in a Glass, PET plastic or aluminum lined bottle
- Shake before use. Massage a few drops into skin until absorbed, use once per day before applying a homemade moisturizer.
For more information on serums and home remedies for wrinkles check out these DIY anti aging serums.
What home skin care recipes or homemade anti-wrinkle serums have you made? What ingredients did you use?
I hope you enjoyed reading!
I would love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment or ask any questions below.