No matter what the thousands of health nuts out there might think, a homemade hamburger recipe can be one of the best sources of vitamins, nutrients, and proteins.
They’ve been labeled as junk food merely because they’re sold in fast food restaurants that have a reputation for unhealthy service.
Of course, you can opt to not go to those restaurants. You can use some fresh ingredients and a good hamburger press to make good burgers the healthy way!
Having your own hamburgers, and the recipes for variation, will solve the problem of going across town for that fast hamburger meal, and the supposedly ill-advised procedure of ordering a burger handled by strangers.
This article will focus on giving you some great recipes for you and your family.
What You’ll Need To Make Hamburgers
Before you can really start, you’ll need to have a few basic things at hand in order to make those lovely burgers.
- You’ll need a bowl. It’s up to you to decide what kind of bowl so long as it’s large enough to hold all that ground beef.
- You need a sharp enough knife for slicing. An average kitchen knife will do.
- You’re also going to need a spatula to flatten the beef onto the frying pan.
- Depending on how you want your burgers, you’re going to need either a grill, a very large frying pan (the heavy ones), or just a skillet. You’ll need either one of these if you’re going to cook them.
- Use a hamburger press if you want perfectly shaped patties.
Traditional Homemade Hamburger Recipe
This one’s probably the most basic hamburger recipe, as well as the most common. Below are the ingredients and the procedure.
- 500g (or 1lb) of ground beef
- 1/4 onion finely chopped (or grated)
- A dash of black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix them together nicely.
- Use your hamburger press to make patties. Or shape them into several small balls (five would be best to start with, but it’s up to you how many you want). It’s basically recommended that you shape them around the size of your fist (or bigger, if you feel adventurous.)
- For the grill, wipe it slightly with cooking oil using a small clean brush (buy one at home depots for exclusive cooking utilization.
- Fire up your grill (or frying pan).
- For the pan, add a small amount of cooking oil to wet the entire inside surface.
- Place the balls of beef on the pan when it gets hot enough.
- If you haven’t used a press, flatten the balls with your spatula to get that classic burger shape.
- If you’re using a grill, use the small brush to wipe the beef with oil as you cook.
- Let it cook for 3 minutes, turn the beef over accordingly when it browns.
- If you want, let it cook for longer to get that well-done burger.
- Cook for less than 3 minutes if you want it rare.
- Serve and enjoy.
The Onion Burger
Here’s another famous homemade hamburger recipe. This one needs more ingredients than the basic recipe. The following are the ingredients and the procedure for cooking.
- 1/2 lb. of ground beef
- A tablespoon of salt
- 1/4 tablespoon of pepper
- Half an onion (finely chopped)
- Two tablespoons of butter
- Two tablespoons of horseradish (prepared)
- Two tablespoons of mustard (prepared)
- Mix together the ground beef, pepper and salt.
- Shape into thin patties (12, preferably).
- Mix the onion lightly with the butter. Then add the salt, horseradish, and mustard. This makes the onion mixture.
- Spread the onion mixture on top of 6 of the patties.
- Place the other remaining 6 patties onto the former 6 patties (which are now spread with the onion mixture). These are the patty combos.
- Press the patty combos, turning it into a sandwiched onion mixture of beef patties.
- Let it all chill for a minute.
- Place all the patties on the grill (or pan) and let brown each side for 7 or 9 minutes.
- Serve with buns and enjoy.
Above are the more common homemade hamburger recipes. There are other recipes out there that require more ingredients and more time to make them, and I have no doubt, they’re even tastier.
You can share your ideas, you could also ask your friends to come visit this page too and take part in this growing community for you and your family. We’d love to see your homemade recipes, please feel free to share them!