The Ultimate Therapeutic Shampoo Bar must be the best homemade shampoo recipe I’ve ever used. It has a delightful aroma that lasts all day long, and it really does revive flat, dull and thinning hair.
- This shampoo bar is a fantastic homemade soap that’s suitable for all the family including anyone who may be suffering from an itchy or flaky scalp.
- It’s full of essential oils aimed to stimulate the memory and lift tension, along with nourishing the scalp and adding a lovely shine to your hair.
- It’s also a great homemade shampoo bar to take with you when travelling, especially if you intend to fly.
- You can cut the amount you may need from one of the bars and pop it in with your hand luggage without the worry of carrying liquids.
- 9.5 oz (270ml) Mineral water
- 2 Chamomile teabags
- 24.5 oz (700ml) Olive Oil
- 3.5 oz (99ml) Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 oz (60g) Beeswax
- 2 oz (55g) Creamed coconut (I found my creamed coconut on Amazon)
- 4 oz (110g) Lye (Sodium Hydroxide/Caustic Soda)
- 4 teaspoons (20ml) Bergamot essential oil
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Lavender essential oil
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Geranium essential oil
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Rosemary essential oil
Specifics To This Recipe
Use the Cold Process Method plus the following recipe specific steps:
- In Step 1 – Put the chamomile teabags into a bowl Boil the mineral water and pour it over them. Once cooled, strain, and reserve the infusion. Substitute the water for the infusion in the cold process method.
- In Step 3 – Melt the creamed coconut with the oils and wax this will need to be stirred continuously to avoid the coconut from sticking to the bottom of the pan whilst heating.
- In Step 4 – Combine oils and lye when both temperatures equally reach 130 F (55 C)
Photos From The Therapeutic Homemade Shampoo Recipe:
Do you have your own homemade shampoo recipe? What ingredients did you use?