We call this Cleopatra’s Milky Bath of Lovelies, it’s a cocoa butter bath soak for those who want to luxuriate for hours in a moisturizing wildly decadent tub of pleasure!
This is one of my family’s all-time favorite bath treats so I keep a big glass jar of this in my bathroom at all times. Even the men in our house use this stuff like it’s going out of fashion, so it’s a good job that it’s very easy to make 😉
What you will need
- 1 oz (28g) cocoa butter
- 6 drops of essential or fragrance oil
- 1oz (28g) finely grated soap (if you are using a rebatched scented soap try to choose a fragrance that either enhances it or has a similar aroma)
- 6oz (170g) dried powdered milk
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (cornflour)
- Put the cocoa butter in a double-boiler or a bowl sat on a sauce pan of water and place over a low heat until melted.
- Add the fragrance and then pour into an ice-cube container. Place in the freezer and leave to set until hard.
- Once set remove the cocoa butter from the container and grate very finely. This is the hardest part as the butter does tend to melt in the hands. Once grated, if the cocoa butter has melted slightly pop it back into the freezer for a few minutes, then remove and give it a bit of a stir so that all the gratings aren’t stuck together.
- Add all the other ingredients to the cocoa butter and mix well. Transfer to either a large jar or share it amongst a few smaller jars to use as gifts.
- Give the bath milk a quick stir and then place about 3 tbsp (3045g) in a warm bath and enjoy.
This bath milk can be made with white or colored soap and can be jazzed up with a hand full of dried petals if desired.
looking for a cream? Try this lovely homemade body butter cream recipe! Have you made your own bath treats? What ingredients did you use?