This simple homemade French horn toy was one of the first kids homemade musical instruments we made, and was inspired and created by one of my children after an afternoon picnic in the park listening to a brass band playing.
We didn’t have an awful lot to make it with at the time, but he was extremely happy with the results and he has since gone on to make many more fun musical instruments.
We have used a piece of black corrugated pipe with some strong pipe cleaners to tie it with, but a piece of hosepipe and some tape or garden wire would have done just fine.
What You Will Need:
- Length of pipe (about 55 inch in length and ½ to 1 inch wide)
- Pipe cleaners or tape or wire
- Push the funnel into the pipe. Hopefully it will be a nice snug fit, but if not you will have to glue or tape the funnel onto the pipe. If the funnel is too big for the pipe, cut the pipe and then fit it around the funnel then secure it with tape.
- Holding the funnel end pointing up, loop the pipe around twice. Making sure you have enough pipe left to have the mouth piece also pointing up
- Secure the pipe with the pipe cleaners, tape or wire.
For the next musical instrument we became a little more adventurous 😉 So here’s how we made our homemade drums
|Homemade Drums||Homemade Maracas||Kids Visual Bottles|