I buy essential oils online all the time, so hopefully this info will make sure you buy the best quality pure products, and at the same time help Save a little cash!
A great deal of recipes, remedies and craft projects here at SavvyHomemade include organic essential oils and carrier oils as ingredients. You can learn more about the uses and properties of these oils in my essential oil use chart and carrier oil chart.
So, I need to share some of my experience on the benefits of these oils, along with how and where to buy essential oils online at cheaper wholesale prices.
Recently I’ve been using Rocky Mountain Oils who I find to be excellent. I also buy lots from Amazon, limiting my purchases to a few trusted suppliers that Iv’e had success with in the past like Plant Guru, Plant Therapy and Edens Garden, they all offer quality oils at wholesale prices. By limiting my Suppliers I can search for the latest offers or a specific oil, this way I can be sure of sourcing great products while also consolidating orders to reduce my delivery costs.
Over the years Iv’e also purchased lots from Mountain Rose who offer a pain free buying process at very reasonable prices. I’m very selective when buying oils and below I explain the main reasons why in detail.
A Little About The Best Essential Oils
- Essential oils have a very deep natural aroma, this can psychologically offer soothing or stimulation benefits by triggering the brain.
- Essential oil components also enter the lungs when used correctly and when applied to your skin they absorb into the blood stream, providing you with an actual physical benefit.
- Essential oils help save lives as well as help in the treatment of serious diseases such as Tuberculosis and Alzheimer’s, some oils assist us with high blood pressure and even anthrax.
- Essential oils must be used with care – they are very concentrated, and in the pure form, can irritate your skin.
- Essential oils are commonly diluted with “carrier” oils such as sweet almond, apricot kernel, grape seed, or jojoba, and stored in brown or blue glass bottles to protect potency.
- Essential oil relaxing properties are well known. But now scientists across the globe are discovering that some of these oils are much more than just a lovely smell!
- Recently Ive been using an oil diffuser to get maximun benefits from my large collection of oils.
Remember To Always Use 100% Pure Oils From Trusted Sources
It really is crucial that you work with good quality essential oils that are clear of synthetic additives.
- Oils containing additives will increase the probability of any allergy symptoms and will never deliver the results you’re looking for.
- Inferior oils that are often distilled from substandard crops, handled incorrectly, or altered using chemicals will lack the therapeutic benefits found in pure quality oils. So be sure to buy from a supplier of pure, high-quality essential oils.
- Pay attention to phrases such as ‘fragrance oil’, ‘nature identical oil’, or ‘perfume oil’ Some of these terms suggest that the oil is not pure. These are ok for soap making but not so good in homemade beauty recipes.
Choosing Your Essential Oils For Best Results
- Essential oils that are 100% pure should last about 2 years if kept in a cool dark place but other ingredients can go out of date much quicker.
- Unless otherwise stated try to use your creams and lotions within 6 weeks of making them. When buying other ingredients, check the shelf life and only buy the amount you are likely to use, buying in bulk sometimes pays, but not always.
- Never use citrus oils when going out into the sun as this can cause photo-toxicity. And certain essential oils should be avoided during pregnancy, always check before using.
- Sterilize all your jars and bottles, glass jars and bottles can be sterilized in a low oven 100f (40c) place them on their sides for about 10 minutes.
Where Can I Buy Essential Oils Online?
Essential Oils Online At Rocky Mountain Oils:
I’ve know about Rocky Mountain Oils for a long time now but hadn’t had the time to investigate until a few months ago. The company has been around since 2004 but is now rapidly becoming one of the best selling brands of essential oils. You’ll find a huge selection of single oils and blends that are formulated to precisely meet your needs.
The company also offers some great essential oil kits to get you started. You can find anything here from oils for energy to oils for sleep, each at an affordable price and the assurance of 100% pure ingredients.
Essential Oils Online At Plant Therapy:
For the reasons stated above I will not hesitate to also recommend Plant Therapy for your essential oils. They are one of my favorite suppliers for essential oils and other natural ingredients – great prices, quality products and nice people!
Plant Therapy oils can be purchased direct from their website or via Amazon and they have a wide range of options, offering 125 essential oils, 47 blends, 23 roll-on oils, 20 carrier oils and 43 sets. Each choice is 100% pure and promises to meet all of your health needs. They also have quality essential oil starter kits which are fantastic if you are just starting out.
Wholesale Priced Essential Oils Online At Mountain Rose:
Mountain Rose Herbs is an accomplished organic processor, it is certified via Oregon Tilth that’s wholly accredited by the National Organic Program (Usda).
Ever since 1987 they have supplied an ever growing loyal customer base with pure organic essential oils, along with other natural ingredients such as carrier oils, butters, waxes, organic herbs, spices and teas.
Mountain Rose Herbs is actually cheaper when compared with the majority of wholesale stores for essential oils online.
It offers significant savings up to 30% off whenever you purchase bulk herbs, spices and teas. On top of that the packaged retail items from both Mountain Rose Herbs and other producers which are bought in quantities of six or more (of the identical product) are eligible for a 30% discount.
Secure Easy Ordering:
The majority of buying is completed securely online but the company also accepts mail orders, phone orders, fax orders and even pick up directly from its Eugene location. And a free of charge sixty four page catalog is also obtainable via post.
After you’ve submitted an order you’ll be informed immediately that it has securely reached their office and will then be processed and shipped out. Generally within one working day though sometimes it stretches to two trading days.
Make sure you have a look through the monthly specials that they offer. You can discover quite a few great bargains on a wide selection of products. A number of the reduced prices will be as much as 40% off the normal rates.
In the event that you are unsatisfied with the items you received, it is possible to send them back within two months of purchase for a complete refund, With no hassle!
This is just a brief overview of what’s available from this top quality supplier. To get a the full experience spend a little time browsing Mountain Rose Herbs.
Essential Oils Online At Amazon:
Amazon also carries a few great suppliers of quality 100% pure therapeutic essential oils online. The benefit here is obvious; you can shop with confidence at the largest online store in the world and it’s quite easy to get your selection fast and at the best price.
If you would rather shop on Amazon, go direct to the store fronts of trusted suppliers and search from there for better quality products. I have used Plant Guru, Plant Therapy and Edens Garden, these companies have all been trading a long time on Amazon. They are all family run businesses which I always tend to trust a little more and I’m happy to recommend them. They travel the world to source the best quality essential oils often at more affordable prices than over here.
For a complete list of essential oils, their properties and benefits take a look at my essential oil chart.
I am affiliated with Rocky Mountain Oils, Plant Therapy, Mountain Rose and Amazon, so if you click over and make a purchase I will make a small commission, this in no way affects my opinion about the products, it just helps to pay the bills at Savvy Homemade.
Starting Your Organic Essential Oil Collection
The following are ten links to oils from my selected sellers on Amazon to help guide you when buying your very first oils, this is based upon Valerie Worwood’s recommendations in her Complete Book of Essential Oils. or you could simply go for one of the essential oil starter kits or samplers available at Rocky Mountain Oils, Mountain Rose or Amazon to get you started
Starter Kits Online At Amazon:
I normally restrict my search on Amazon to a few select companies using ‘Brands’ option on the left hand navigation, or I go direct to the company Store fronts… I go for trusted Amazon sellers like Plant Guru, Plant Therapy and Edens Garden and Mystic Moments.
I also love the Essential Oil starter kits below because financially speaking they would cost up to 40% more if purchased on their own.
At 10ml or 5ml the bottles are a great size; not too much and not too little. The fragrances are very potent and smell clean and pure. The lemon smells like lemon and the lavender smells like lavender. And to top all of that they are available on Amazon and can even be gift wrapped!
Plant Guru Essential Oil Sets
Top 14 Essential Oil Set
This sampler set is available at Amazon, it contains high quality therapeutic grade oils and you can get either 5ml or 10ml bottles.
Includes: Rosemary – Orange – Eucalyptus – Frankincense – Lavender – Peppermint – Grapefruit – Lemon – Lime – Clove – Spearmint – Lemongrass – Cinnamon – Tea Tree
Top 20 Essential Oil Set
Also available at Amazon this Set includes the same 14 essential oils plus 6 blends that are great to use in a diffuser. Again its available in 5ml or 10 ml bottles
Includes: Rosemary – Orange – Eucalyptus – Frankincense – Lavender – Peppermint – Grapefruit – Lemon – Lime – Clove – Spearmint – Lemongrass – Cinnamon – Tea Tree -Breathe – Bandit – Stress – Sleep Tight – Head Ease – Deep Muscle
Edens Garden Essential Oil Sets
Beginners Best of the Best x 12 Set
This set is also available at Amazon and is a 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Basic Sampler Essential Oil Gift Set at the 10 ml bottle size.
Includes: Cinnamon Leaf – Eucalyptus – Grapefruit – Lavender – Lemon – Lime – Patchouli – Peppermint – Rosemary – Spearmint – Sweet Orange – Tea Tree
Ultimate 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils X 32 Set
Also available at Amazon is Edens Gardens complete 32 set (10 ml), great as a gift!
Includes: Basil – Bergamot – Cedarwood – Cinnamon Leaf – Citronella – Clary Sage – Clove – Eucalyptus – Frankincense – French Lavender – Grapefruit – Lavender – Lemon – Lemon Eucalyptus – Lemongrass – Lime – Patchouli – Peppermint – Pine – Rosemary – Spearmint – Sweet Orange – Tangerine – Tea Tree – Vanilla
Wintergreen Aphrodisiac synergy blend:
(Ylang-Ylang – Patchouli – Sweet Orange – Lavender – Sandalwood – Jasmine)
Breathe Easy synergy blend:
(Peppermint – Rosemary – Lemon – Eucalyptus)
Meditation synergy blend:
(Ylang-Ylang – Patchouli – Frankincense – Clary Sage – Sweet Orange – Thyme Lemon)
Relaxation synergy blend:
(Lavender – Marjoram – Patchouli – Mandarin – Geranium – Chamomile)
Renew synergy blend:
(Frankincense – Tea Tree – Rosemary – Lemon – Eucalyptus – Sweet Orange)
Stress Relief synergy blend:
(Bergamot – Patchouli – Blood Orange – Ylang-Ylang – Grapefruit)
For those of you interested in more detail I also wrote in-depth post on my top eight best essential oil brands online. And don’t forget to take a look at what combinations work with our essential oil use chart.