I made this homemade fudge recipe yesterday and just had to share it with you, it was such a big hit with every one in my family. It’s relatively simple to bake and makes and a wonderful homemade gift idea. And the best part about this fudge?… It’s so much cheaper to make at home than it is to buy at the store, it tastes much better to!
To complete this page I’ve also added many other fudge recipes below, so whether you prefer brownies, fudge sauce, sugar-free fudge or even different flavors, there’s a home recipe for you below. But let me start with the one I know you will all love…
Simply The Best Homemade Chocolate Fudge Recipe
This fudge recipe makes about 25 to 30 pieces and it can be stored for up to a month if placed in an air tight container and kept in a cool dry place.
- 1lb 2oz (500g) Dark chocolate (don’t use milk chocolate as this makes the fudge too sticky).
- ½ cup (75g) Unsalted butter.
- 14oz (400g) Can sweetened condensed milk.
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extracts (flavouring)
How To Make This Fudge
Step 1. Lightly grease an 8inch (20cm) cake pan.
Step 2. Line the pan with two fairly wide strips of grease proof paper, placing the strips in opposite directions to make a cross. This will make the fudge super easy to remove from the pan.
Step 3. Break up your chocolate and place it into a good sized saucepan along with the condensed milk and butter.
Step 4. Gently heat the chocolate mixture stirring continuously until the chocolate has melted and the mixture has become smooth. Don’t let your mixture boil.
Step 5. Remove the fudge mix from the heat and beat in the vanilla extracts. Continue beating the mixture until it begins to thicken.
Step 6. Pour the thickened fudge mixture into your cake tin and level it out.
Step 7. Place the fudge into the refrigerator and allow it to chill until firm.
Step 8. Once the fudge is firm tip it out onto a board and cut it into squares to serve .
Step 9. To Store the fudge place it in an air-tight container and keep it in a cool dry place for up to a month.
For yummy chocolate peanut flavoured fudge try replacing 4 tbsp/ 1 ½ oz/50g of butter with crunchy peanut butter.
Decadent Homemade Chocolate Fudge Recipe
This chocolate fudge recipe is rich and a bit decadent. The marshmallow creme is optional, but it really gives this recipe a smooth taste that really feels as though your fudge is melting in your mouth.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- Dissolve sugar in a saucepan with milk and butter.
- Stir constantly until the mixture begins to boil. Continue stirring until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add chocolate chips, walnuts, marshmallow creme and vanilla.
- Beat the mixture well making sure it’s well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and let it cool. When it’s set, cut into pieces and enjoy your fudge.
Homemade Fudge Brownies Recipe
This traditional brownie recipe is one of the homemade fudge recipes my grandmother always used. It’s one of the most trusted and favorite homemade fudge recipes, and despite needing a little baking, it’s still so easy to make!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup meted shortening
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
- Beat the eggs, vanilla and sugar in a mixing bowl until they’re mixed in well.
- Melt your butter and shortening and stir them into the egg mix.
- In a separate bowl, stir flour, cocoa and salt together until they’re combined properly.
- Add the dry ingredients to your egg mixture and stir until they form a batter.
- Grease your oven pan and pour the batter evenly across the pan. Grease a shallow baking pan and pour your mixture in.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and bake for half an hour.
- You can test if your fudge brownies are ready by inserting a skewer or wooden pick into the center of the batter. If the pick comes out clean, your brownies are done. If you notice any batter clinging to the pick then you should leave them to cook for a couple more minutes.
- When they’re ready, remove from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan.
- Cut into pieces and serve warm or place them into air-tight containers and keep in the fridge.
Homemade Coffee Fudge Recipe
While chocolate fudge is a universal favorite homemade fudge recipe, you can’t beat the taste of a warm piece of coffee fudge with cream.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1/2 coffee cream
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate coating
- In a saucepan dissolve sugar and instant coffee in the milk and coffee cream.
- Stir lightly to avoid it burning or sticking to the bottom of the pan. Bring the mixture to the boil. Once it’s boiling remove it from the heat and add butter and vanilla.
- Leave the mix to cool until it’s only lukewarm, then beat firmly until it thickens into a batter. Pour into a baking pan or a square dish.
- Melt the chocolate coating and spread it evenly over the coffee fudge.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the chocolate coating. Cut your fudge into pieces and enjoy.
Homemade Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
Peanut butter fudge is just one of the most heavenly of homemade fudge recipes. You’ll love this when it melts in your mouth.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar
- In a saucepan, dissolve the sugar in the milk, stirring constantly. Add the butter and continue stirring until the butter melts.
- Bring the mix to the boil, stirring constantly. When it reaches boiling point, remove the pan from the heat and stir through your peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- When these ingredients are well-blended, stir your icing sugar through. When all your ingredients are mixed, beat the mixture until it forms a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a tray or dish and place in the refrigerator until the mixture sets. When it’s ready, cut your peanut butter fudge into pieces and enjoy.
Homemade Sugar-Free Fudge Recipe
This easy sugar-free fudge recipe means you can still enjoy the great taste of this homemade fudge recipe without the sugar intake.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- Melt chocolate slowly over low heat in a pan. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and pour the melted chocolate through it.
- Add your sugar substitute and vanilla extract and continue mixing until it forms a smooth batter.
- Add the walnuts, stir them through and then pour the mixture into a pan. Level out the mix and cover.
- Leave in the refrigerator overnight so it sets. Cut into pieces and enjoy your sugar-free fudge.