When you can just as easily make a homemade acne treatment, why use expensive and inadequate commercial products? You can keep your skin clear using a simple 3 step daily facial at home.
These natural remedies for acne are made with inexpensive natural ingredients, and with regular use will keep you spot free and promote a more natural tone and balance to the skin.
Here’s A Quick 3 Step Homemade Acne Treatment
To give your store bought or homemade acne cure a special healing boost, add vitamins to the mix.
Simply grind one Vitamin A capsule to a very fine powder and add, or pierce a Vitamin E or A capsule and add the oil to any of these treatments. Your skin will absorb the vitamins and heal much better. For convenience, make enough of the herbal infusions mentioned in the recipes below to last you through the week.
Step 1) Everyday Oatmeal Scrub Cleanser
Step 1 is to cleanse your skin twice a day using a homemade cleanser that is recommended for oily skin. Cleansers and scrubs containing oatmeal or cornmeal are extremely effective as they easily absorb excess oils from the skin.
Oatmeal is an excellent cleanser; it’s also a very gentle cleanser making it perfect for everyday use in a homemade acne cure.
The olive oil in this scrub softens black heads; this makes them much easier to be removed along with any other oily bacteria that may be trapped within the pores. Lemon is a mild astringent which will help the pores to close, and the parsley is very good for fading any scarring or redness that may be left after an outbreak of spots.
What you will need:
- 2 tablespoons fine oatmeal
- 4 tablespoons butter milk or plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Combine all the ingredients together and gently rub the paste evenly over the face for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water then splash your face with cold water or a cold herbal infusion and leave to dry naturally.
More Homemade Cleansers
Homemade facial cleansers can easily remove any dirt, old makeup and sweat that may have accumulated on the skin throughout the course of an average day.For more cleanser and scrub recipes check out home remedies for clear clean.
Step 2) Herbal Astringent Rinse
In step 2 rinse your face with an astringent and leave it to dry naturally, a cool herbal infusion that’s suitable for oily skin will make a very good astringent.
Make a simple herbal infusion for an astringent rinse by using either 1 Tablespoon of fresh chopped herb and 1 teaspoon of dried herb. OR 1 Herbal tea bag.
- Place your choice of ingredients into a heatproof jug or bowl.
- Then pour 8 fl oz of boiling water on to it, cover and leave to cool.
- Once cool strain into a clean container and refrigerate ready for use.
- Use within one week.
Best Herbs To Use In Your Rinse: dried flowers or herbs
For an astringent rinse that will treat enlarged pores: Add 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar to the finished infusion before storing it in the refrigerator.
More Homemade Toners
A good homemade toner will tighten your skin as it closes the pores, and it will remove any leftover traces of your cleanser.
Step 3) A Homemade Acne Cream Recipe
Step 3 involves treating your skin once or twice a week (depending which you choose) to one of our homemade acne treatments. All are very easy and inexpensive to make, yet can make a vast improvement to your skin when used regularly.
To begin with here’s a great homemade acne cream for night time, it’s really good for spots and blemishes!
The yogurt contains lactic acid which is great for combating bacteria, and the tea tree oil is second to none when it comes to clearing up spots and blemishes.
What you will need:
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 1 teaspoon Fullers Earth (optional)
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl or container and mix into a light cream
- Spread the mixture over the face before going to bed then rise off in the morning.
- You may want to put a towel over your pillow on the nights you intend to use this.
This is a high-intensity moisturizer recipe with a wonderfully rich and creamy texture. It’s suitable for dry and mature skin, check out how to make homemade moisturizers.
Homemade Acne Mask
If you want to go that extra mile, here is a basic homemade acne treatment mask, it has a pleasant fresh smell and is suitable for any skin types.
Comfrey has been used for centuries and is well known for soothing and healing wounds, sores and burns.
It’s also a very moisturizing plant, so you won’t be left with dry or dull skin that often comes hand in hand when treating acne.
- 1 tablespoon Dried Calendula Flowers
- 8 fl oz boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Fullers Earth
- 1 egg white
- Place the comfrey into a heatproof bowl and pour on the boiling water, cover and then leave to cool.
- Once cool, strain the infusion into a clean container or bowl ready for use.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the strained infusion and mix it in with the fuller’s earth.
- Next add the egg white, a little at a time until you reach a consistency you’re happy with. If you do happen to make it a little too runny don’t worry, it will just be a bit messier to work with.
- Spread the mixture over the face, leave for 20 minutes then rinse off with warm water.
- Next, splash your face with the remaining comfrey infusion and allow it to dry naturally
Quick Honey And Apple Mask
Use this method once a week.
Use a ground apple (remove seeds and core but leave the peel on) mixed with 1-3 teaspoons of honey.
Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and rinse with cool water.
Witch Hazel & Herb Vinegar Facial
Twice a week, dip a cotton ball in witch hazel, herb vinegar (see instructions below) or rubbing alcohol. Rub all over your face (or anywhere you might break out) and rinse immediately.
Don’t overuse this homemade remedy for acne, because it will dry your skin and you might start peeling – which is another problem entirely!
Herb Vinegar Instructions
Use 1 pint of apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- Place vinegar in a bottle that seals tightly.
- Add 1 cup of organic, fresh herb leaves or flower petals, or 1/2 cup organic dried herbs or flower petals.
- Place on a sunny windowsill.
- Shake vigorously twice a day for two or three weeks.
- Strain and rebottle. Store in a dark place.
More Recipes For Clear Skin
Here is my 3 step home remedy for clear skin.
I hope you enjoyed reading!
I would love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment or ask any questions below.