by Stella (London )
I’ve been making my own gifts for friends and family for years now. This homemade scented talcum powder is one of my favourites, not just because it smells and looks good, but it lasts for a good six months (maybe more) so it’s one you can make in advance.
All of the ingredients in this powder have been chosen for their deodorising and therapeutic values.
This makes a very fine and soft powder that you can choose to scent however you want.
- 6 tablespoons unscented talcum powder
- 6 tablespoons rice flour or cornflower
- 2 teaspoons boric acid powder
- 1 tablespoon orrisroot powder
- 1 teaspoon essential oil (you can mix the if you want)
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Rub in the oil, as you would when making pastry.
- Sieve the powder a couple of times to really disburse the oil and make the powder nice and fine.
- Pack the powder into a pretty box or container and leave it for three days to let its scent mature.
- If this homemade scented talcum powder is going to be a present, give it with a large dusting brush or puff.