Making homemade lip gloss is an incredibly easy and a fun homemade beauty gift project. Simply gather all your ingredients before starting, including small, opaque glass or ceramic containers to store the finished gloss.
Add any flavorings or essential oils you like to your lip gloss. It is so simple, and you know all the ingredients that went into it – no harsh chemicals or artificial anything!
Make A Simple Homemade Lip Gloss:
- 1/2 cup Sweet Almond Oil or Olive Oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 ounce Beeswax
- 6-12 drops of essential oil
- 1 Vitamin E capsule or 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
- Glass/Metal Containers or you can buy these empty lip balm container tubes on Amazon
- Heat the almond, flaxseed, or olive oil gently in a glass or ceramic-lined pan. Do not use an aluminum pan.
- Add the beeswax and melt gently over low heat until completely melted.
- Add your desired essential oil or flavoring.
- Pierce the Vitamin E capsule and drain into wax and oil mixture.
- Stir together with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat.
Test the consistency of your lip gloss
Place a small amount on a spoon and put in the refrigerator until completely cool. If it is too hard, add more almond, flaxseed, or olive oil. If it is too soft, reheat the mixture and add more beeswax.
Pour into small, opaque glass or ceramic jars and use as needed.
A Blushing Lip Gloss
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Almond Oil or Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon petroleum jelly
- Mix ingredients together and heat gently in a double boiler or over very low heat.
- Stir well and mash the berries.
- Simmer for about five minutes.
- Let steep for 10-15 minutes and strain through a fine mesh strainer or several layers of cheesecloth.
A Yummy Vanilla Lip Gloss
- 1 tablespoon grated Beeswax
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 capsules Vitamin E or 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pierce the Vitamin E capsules and drain into a small saucepan.
- Add the beeswax and coconut oil and warm gently until the beeswax is completely melted.
- Stir in vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour into smaller, opaque containers while still warm and allow to cool completely.
Now try one of my homemade lip balms with beeswax!