There are a number of tried and tested methods for natural homemade window cleaner but this one works the best for me.
Although I must say that it is surprisingly tiring, so don’t try to clean every window in the house at once.Plus, I also use the same method on the car it brings the windshield up a treat.
Make Your Own Window Cleaner
- Choose a cool dry overcast day to minimize streaking.(the sun drys the solution to quickly causing the windows to smear).
- Make up a vinegar solution, using 2 tablespoons of white vinegar to a bucket of warm water.
- Wring out a chamois leather or sponge in solution and rub it systematically over the windows and allow to dry.
- Buff to a shine with crumpled newspaper, the newspaper ink works wonders and the paper also leaves a film that’s resistant to dirt.
- Should the newspaper soil the frames, finish by cleaning them with a detergent solution.
- Use the process above two or three times per year. In between cleans simply use a damp microfiber cloth to keep your windows looking great.
So what is a Microfiber Cloth?
Not only does microfiber clean better + faster, but it gets into nooks and crannies you never even knew you had. They have a quick-wick action that cuts cleaning time by up to 40%. Millions of microscopic fibers hook and hold dirt, dust and grime.16X split fibers trap dust and lint which can aggravate allergies and asthma.
These everyday items from your cupboard can double as great homemade cleaning products. What people don’t know is that they can work even better than their store bought counterparts and they are less expensive.