‘Tis the season to be jolly so why not make someone’s Christmas jolly with some homemade stocking stuffers.
They are excellent gifts which have the added bonus of being homemade by you, which shows thoughtfulness and consideration, and can be kind on the pocket too.
Homemade stocking stuffers couldn’t be more pleasing or exciting. The look on the recipient’s face come Christmas morning is a joy to behold as they excitedly show off your homemade gifts to everyone around.
Making your own stocking stuffers can be very cheap and they are usually quite simple to create with a little imagination.
All you need are a few items from the stores, some gift tags and paper.
Pot Pourri Bags
Pot pourri bags can make excellent homemade stocking stuffers. These are easy to make and costs next to nothing to make especially if you have plants like lavender growing in your garden:
You Will Need
- Dried lavender, preferably from the garden
- Dried rose petals
- Small calico bag or handkerchief
- Small silk ribbon to tie the bag with or nice left over material which you can cut into any shape you require
Take your lavender and rose petals and put inside the bag or handkerchief then tie up using the ribbon or material. If you are using a handkerchief you could make a little cushion which the recipient can then place inside a drawer or wardrobe filling it with a lovely lavender smell.
These homemade stocking stuffers like the lavender cushion are great for the kids to make and perhaps give to their grandparents this Christmas.
Homemade Coloring Book
A coloring book is always a pleaser for the kids to receive on Christmas morning so making your own will make it that bit more special and give your kids countless hours or fun and enjoyment as they color your pictures.
You Will Need
- Colored printer and a computer with internet access
- Sheets of white printer paper
- Hole punch
- Colored ribbon
Look around the internet and you will find hundreds of pictures you can print out and color so why not print some out and make a coloring book for the kids.
When you have all the pictures you need find a nice colorful front and back cover then print them out. Gather everything together and use the hole punch to make holes in the book then tie it all together with the ribbon to make a great coloring book which will keep the kids happy for ages, probably some adults too!
Homemade Gift Box
You Will Need
- A small plain box
- Different colored ribbons or spare material cut to size or shapes
- Soft tissue paper in various colors
- Crayons, colored pencils or Christmas paper for the box
If the box you have is plain, then get the kids involved. Let them color it in using crayons or other pencils you have.
Another way to decorate the box is to use unwanted Christmas wrapper which you can stick to the box giving it that Christmas look. Inside the box add the tissue paper to create a bed for the chocolates then tie it up using the ribbons or material.
Another great idea for homemade stocking stuffers are homemade chocolates or candy. Making your own can be very rewarding and be pleasing to everyone who receives a box from you.
You Will Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- You could also add other flavors like orange or strawberry to make great tasting chocolates.
- Add the milk, sugar, and cocoa to a saucepan and bring it to the boil while stirring.
- Keep stirring until the mixture starts to thicken up then remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla stirring all the time until the mixture is creamy.
- Pour into a lightly buttered tray and cool in the fridge before cutting into squares.
- Wrap your homemade chocolates in cellophane or greaseproof paper and add to everyone’s stockings.
- The chocolates you make are perfect stocking stuffers every time, yours will look great wrapped inside a homemade gift box covered in Christmas scenes of joy and love.