Similar to the easy bubble bath recipe, this homemade sea salt scrub is also made using a liquid base. Its a nice versatile recipe made using an MP liquid soap base, sea salt and some wonderful oils. You can add a bit more salt or mix in a little more soap to achieve your desired texture. It’s best made your diy salt scrub with fine sea salt; although you can use rock salt, it is scratchier and can be a bit too harsh for sensitive skin.
What You Will Need:
- 8oz Clear liquid soap base available at Amazon
- 1 ½ cups Natural sea salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. Melt & pour soap base available at Amazon
, clear or white (I’ve used clear)
- 1 tbsp oil either Jojoba Oil, Sweet Almond, Sunflower or Hemp Seed Oil
- Essential Oil or Fragrance oil of your choice (bergamont is really nice in this about 20 drops)
How To Make Your Homemade Salt Scrub:
- Place the liquid soap base into a bowl, then melt the Melt and Pour soap, and then add it to the Liquid soap Base.
- You will need to stir quickly so that the Melt and Pour soap doesn’t harden up.
- Place the salt into a separate bowl or jug. Add the oil plus the essential/fragrance oil and stir well.
- Fold the salt mixture into the liquid soap base. Cover then set aside for up to 24 to 48 hour until it has fully hardened. If after 48 hours the scrub is too thin for your liking you can add a little more salt or melt a little more melt and our soap and mix it in well.
- Transfer your diy salt scrub to a suitable container and enjoy.
Notes for the homemade salt scrub
If after 48 hours your sea salt scrub is too thin for your liking, you can add a bit more salt or mix in a little more melted melt and pour soap. You will need to wait another 48 hours before transferring to a container. If the scrub is too thick, mix in a little more liquid soap base until you are happy with it.
Next up using a liquid base is the homemade shaving soap recipe. homemade body scrub