Most children are eager to get their hands on those yummy Halloween goodies. But the question of where to store them can be of the upmost importance for the serious trick or treater!
With that in thought in mind, this easy to make Homemade Pumpkin Bag will complement their Halloween outfit and should go down a “treat” 😉
Of course, it could be that you just need to add a bit of spark to your Halloween party favours. In “witch” case why not make lots of mini pumpkin bags?
Alternately, the cute little Mummy Treat pots below are so easy and economical to make you may want to give one to all your trick or treaters. You could even let the kids have fun making them and it will keep them busy for an afternoon!
An Easy To Make Homemade Pumpkin Bag
What you will need:
- 2 Square of orange felt
- Black felt
- Needle and Thread
- Ribbon or cord
- Paint, green or yellow
- Fold one of the orange felt in half and mark out what will be the pumpkin stalk at the top of the felt. Using a dessert plate as a guide, mark out a semi circle on the folded felt.
- Cut around the semi circle and the stalk you marked out earlier then unfold the felt to give a nice pumpkin shape. Use this as a template on the remaining piece of orange felt to make a second.
- Paint lines with pale green or yellow paint on to one side of one of the pumpkin cut outs and set aside to dry.
- Cut the eyes, nose and mouth from the black felt, they don’t need to be perfect as a bit of imperfection adds a little character to it. Stick them on to the pumpkin
- Place the pumpkin shapes on top of each other and sew them together around the edges using running stitch, leaving the top part open.
- Cut the acquired length of ribbon or cord needed for the bags handles and sew them on to the inside edges of the bag opening.
These little treat holders are so easy to make, the kids will be able to make them on their own without any help from their “Mummies”!
What you will need:
- Small plastic or paper disposable cups
- Old t-shirt
- Googly eyes
- Red Felt
- black felt, wool or marker pen for the mouth
How to make them
- Cut the old t-shirt into thin strips.
- Cover the outside of the cup with glue.
- Wrap the t-shirt strips around the cup starting at the bottom and working up.
- Once the cup is completely covered set aside until dry.
- Stick on the googly eyes and create a mouth. Then personalize the mummies by cutting a bow shape out of felt, and using it as a hair bow for a girl mummy and bow tie for a boy.
- Fill the mummy cups with treats ready for your monsters to arrive!
We hope you enjoyed these suggestions for homemade pumpkin bags and pots. Now check out something to fill them with Homemade Halloween treats!