This homemade facial scrub for men is a popular yet simple homemade soap recipe, it’s gentle and deeply cleansing. The poppy seeds will exfoliate your skin as well as unblock the pores, whilst the natural oils moisten and nourish your skin.
Comprising an excellent mix of essential oils to give a fruity fragrance which has a touch of cinnamon, this is among the best homemade face scrubs for men, and it’ll definitely put a spring back into your step, leaving you feeling fresh, smooth and raring to go.
Makes 6 or 7 bars
- 6 oz (170g) Sunflower Oil
- 6 oz (170g) Olive Oil
- 5 oz (155g) Coconut Oil
- 2 1/2 oz (70g) Lye (Sodium Hydroxide/Caustic Soda)
- 8 oz (230ml) Mineral water
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Grapefruit essential oil
- 1 teaspoon (6ml) Orange essential oil
- 1 teaspoon (4ml) Cinnamon leaf essential oil
- 2 tablespoons Poppy Seeds
Specifics To This Recipe
Use The Cold Process Soap Making Method plus the following recipe specific steps:
- In Step 4 – Combine oils and lye when both temperatures reach 96° F (35.5 C)
- In Step 5 – Add essential oils and seeds at “trace” stage