If you want to exfoliate your facial skin, below are some nice and gentle homemade face scrubs that will leave your skin hydrated and refreshed.
After using this, you should notice a reduction in the size of your pores and your skin will also have a healthy glow!
Making A Gentle Face Scrub
- 2 mashed strawberries
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Almond Oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
Mix ingredients through really well. This face scrub is a little thicker than the usual facial scrubs, although you can add a little more oil if you prefer.
Massage your scrub into your face and neck using a gentle circular motion. Continue to massage gently for a couple of minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
Herbal Face Scrub (all skin types)
This homemade face scrub is mild and gentle enough to use on sensitive skin.
- 2 tablespoons fine oatmeal
- A herbal infusion made with chamomile or fennel
How to make the infusion
Make the infusion by placing a couple of handfuls of flowers or herbs into a heat proof jug and pour over a pint of boiling water.
Cover and leave to cool. Strain the mixture into a container or bottle and store in the refrigerator to use as and when needed.
If you can’t get your hands on the fresh flowers or herbs you need use dried or tea bags as a substitute.
Making the scrub
Mix the oatmeal with 3 tablespoons of the infusion and leave to soften for a few minutes.
Massage into the face and leave for five minutes the rinse off and pat dry.
Oatmeal And Yoghurt (dry skin including acne)
The almond oil in this face scrub makes it an excellent one for dry skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth.
Leaving out the almond oil will give you a gentle but deep cleaning facial scrub suitable for anyone suffering from acne.
- 2 tablespoons fine oatmeal
- 2 tablespoon plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Almond Oil
- Mix all the ingredients together and leave for 5 minutes allowing the oatmeal to soften.
- Lightly rub the mixture into your face avoiding the eye areas.
- Continue to massage into the face for about 5 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
Homemade Exfoliator Mask for Dry Skin
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil or Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 drops Rose essential oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar or kosher salt
- Mix ingredients together.
- Rub gently on dry skin, avoiding the eye area.
- Massage gently for 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse with very warm water (but not hot).
Cornmeal Face Scrub (oily skin)
This cornmeal face scrub is great for oily skin, and the lemon juice adds to the acid layer.
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt or buttermilk
- Make a paste by mixing the cornmeal with the yoghurt and lemon juice.
- Then massage into the face for 5 minutes and rinse off with tepid water.
Almond And Honey Facial Scrub (all skin types)
Mild and gentle so it’s a good one to start with.
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 tablespoons butter milk or plain yogurt
- Mix the almonds, honey and butter milk together.
- Then massage into the face and neck avoiding the eye area.
- Leave for 2 minutes then rinse off and pat dry.
Homemade Facial Scrub For Men
This homemade face scrub soap for men is gentle, yet deeply cleansing. The poppy seeds exfoliate the skin and unblock the pores, whilst the oils moisten and nourish the skin.
Face Masks Using Essential Oils and Powders
Making a homemade face mask is easy. These homemade face masks take about 5 minutes to mix up, and as you only make one application at a time there is absolutely no waste what so ever.
Homemade Facial Masks – Shared by Visitors
Here are some face mask recipes sent in from visitors to SavvyHomemade.
by Mel (Ohio)
Using 1 part heavy cream and 2 parts rolled oats mix together in a container and allow to sit for about 10 minutes (this also helps reduce the cold)
Roll handfuls of the softened oats over skin then rinse and bathe as usual for soft smooth skin
by Melly (USA)
Used coffee grinds can be used like a scrub to reduce the look of dark circles, cellulite and to exfoliate and pep up your skin
Shiny Hair, Clean Face
by Czech 4ever (Canada)
For Hair – 4 tbs of mayo spread over damp hair can be used as a leave-in conditioner. Rinse after 10-15 minutes.
For Face -heat 3 tbs of honey in a mug for 30 seconds, then add 1 tbs of sugar and stir until it forms a paste. Spread the paste onto face in circular motion avoid contact with eyes. Rinse face after honey dries.
Feel free to add your homemade facial scrub using the comments below!