Here we take a look at how to make a homemade face moisturizer for men, this rich yet not overpowering diy skin care recipe has a spicy and masculine blend of bay, cedarwood and clary sage essential oils.
This DIY moisturizer will defiantly leave the skin feeling soft, smooth and supple. The bay essential oil is very well known for its healing properties so it’s perfect for soothing and nourishing the skin after shaving.
Making Your Own Homemade Face Moisturizer
- A handful of dried flowers either Chamomile (sensitive skin), Calendula (combination skin), Elderflower (shallow skin), Lemon balm (all skin types) Read more about these organic herbs and flowers here.
- 3/4 oz (20g) Beeswax
- 1 fl oz (20ml) Rosehip Seed Oil
- 1 1/2 fl oz (40ml) Sweet Almond Oil
- 10 drops Clary Sage essential oil
- 4 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 2 drops Bay essential oil
- 10 fl oz (300ml) boiling water
- Measuring jug
- Stainless steel saucepan (heavy based)
- Wooden spoon
- Glass jars with lids (dark or clear)
- With the flowers and 10 fl oz (300ml) boiling water, make a herbal infusion. A herbal infusion is made by placing the flowers into a jug and pouring boiling water over them, then cover and leave to cool.
- Once cool, strain and set aside ready for use.
- In the heavy based stainless steel pan, melt the beeswax, then beat in the oils (rosehip and sweet almond) still beating slowly add 1 1/2 fl oz (40ml) of the herbal infusion.
- Remove the pan from the heat and keep stirring until it has cooled to body temperature.
- Stir in the essential oils (clary sage, cedar wood and bay).
- Pour the cream into the glass jars and shake until the mixture has cooled thoroughly to prevent the oil and water from separating.
- In order to preserve the essential oils keep clear jars in a dark place.
- Use the cream either in the morning or before you go to bed.
Other Homemade Face Moisturizers
Essential Oils Moisturizer
By using essential oils you can make a lovely rich homemade face moisturizer. And with a little know how you can mix several different combinations for different parts of the face and apply them just where they are needed!
Intense Homemade Moisturizer
The final step in your daily facial routine is to use the homemade moisturizers. This is a high-intensity homemade moisturizer recipe with a wonderful rich and creamy texture, that’s suitable for dry and mature skin.