This shampoo bar is a great homemade dandruff cure, and will leave your hair shiny and well conditioned. The essential oils will stimulate your scalp and help to prevent dandruff.
Update: I now recommend the therapeutic homemade shampoo because all the ingredients used in this shampoo bar are so good for the skin, and you can wash your entire body with this too.
Ingredients For Your Dandruff Cure
- 24.5 oz (700g) Olive Oil
- 3.5 oz (100g) Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 1/2 oz (60g) Beeswax
- 2 oz (55g) creamed coconut
- 9 fl oz (270ml) mineral water
- 6 handfuls of Dried Nettle Leaf
- 4 1/2 oz (113g) Lye (Sodium Hydroxide/Caustic Soda)
- 1 fl oz (22ml) Bergamot essential oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (8ml) Lavender essential oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (8ml) Lemongrass essential oil
Before you begin making this homemade shampoo, take a moment to read The Cold Process Method. In this overview you will see photos and obtain a good feel for the basic soap making procedure. The page importantly describes how to quicken the trace stage (thickening stage) using a stick blender.
- In Step 5 – Add any fragrance or textures at light trace
We hope you enjoyed learning how to make these shampoo bars. Now click here for another homemade dandruff shampoo