These homemade clay marbles are so easy to make, the recipe below is enough to make about 100 if not more.
What You Will Need:
- This homemade clay recipe
- Acrylic Paints and paint brushes
How To Make Your Clay Marbles:
Once you have made up your homemade clay, you can either choose to color it now (see notes on coloring homemade clay) or paint the marbles once they have dried.
Both are good choices, coloring the dough first is by far the easiest, but you won’t get the vibrant color that you would from paints so I would be tempted to varnish them with a layer of clear varnish to give them a glazed look.
- Pick off a small amount of clay and roll it into a ball shape between the palms of your hands
- Place the clay balls onto baking paper and leave to dry over night or longer.
- Once dry give the marbles a coat or two of paint and leave to dry completely until before playing with them.
- To prolong the life of the marbles, finish with a coat of clear varnish.