by Kelly (New Jersey)
I was looking for ways to help me save money when my daughter was born and I came across a really good way to make homemade baby wipes. Not only does it save me plenty of money, but I always know what ingredients I’m using.
I feel assured that I’m not using unknown chemicals on my baby’s body and it only takes me a few minutes to make up a new batch when I need them. I keep mine in a plastic air-tight container, so I can carry them around with me or leave them in the bathroom for when they’re needed.
Even though I have to buy brand-name products for the ingredients and they cost a little bit more, the quality is better and I’m still saving money overall.
Here’s my suggestion for making your own homemade baby wipes.
You will need:
- 1/4 cup good quality baby wash
- 1/4 cup baby oil
- 1/4 cup baby lotion
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 roll absorbent paper towels
- Air-tight plastic container
- Mix all the ingredients together well in a large jug or pitcher. The water needs to be hot to make sure the baby lotion will blend in properly and you’ll need to stir the mixture for a few minutes until it’s all blended together nicely.
- Unroll the paper towels from the roll and layer them into the plastic container. Pour half of your mixture over the top of the towels. Turn the entire stack of towels upside down and then pour the other half of the mixture over the other side of the towels and into the container.
The absorbent towels will soak up the mixture and remain soft on your baby’s body all the way to the last towel. Keep your homemade baby wipes in an air tight container and be sure to seal the lid properly after each time you use them.
Comments for Homemade Baby Wipes