I was looking for ways to help me save money when my daughter was born and I came across a really simple and economical way to make homemade baby wipes using paper towels.
Not only does it save me plenty of money, but I always know what ingredients I’m using.
I feel assured that I’m not using unknown chemicals on my baby’s body and it only takes me a few minutes to make up a new batch when I need them. I keep mine in a plastic air-tight container, so I can carry them around with me or leave them in the bathroom for when they’re needed.
Even though I have to buy brand-name products for the ingredients and they cost a little bit more, the quality is better and I’m still saving money overall.
Here’s my suggestion for making your own homemade baby wipes.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup good quality baby wash
- 1/4 cup baby oil
- 1/4 cup baby lotion
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 roll absorbent paper towels
- Air-tight plastic container
How To Make Your Homemade Baby Wipes:
- Mix all the ingredients together well in a large jug or pitcher. The water needs to be hot to make sure the baby lotion will blend in properly and you’ll need to stir the mixture for a few minutes until it’s all blended together nicely.
- Unroll the paper towels from the roll and layer them into the plastic container.
- Pour half of your mixture over the top of the towels.
- Turn the entire stack of towels upside down and then pour the other half of the mixture over the other side of the towels and into the container. The absorbent towels will soak up the mixture and remain soft on your baby’s body all the way to the last towel.
- Keep your baby wipes in an airtight container and be sure to seal the lid properly after each time you use them.
You can also try mixing the baby wash, oil, lotion and water as instructed, then pour it into bottles and used it with cotton wool. You will have to shake the bottle before each use, but it will work.
And no more nappy rash thank god!