I thought it would be a great idea to have a place where everyone can share their kid’s projects and fun crafts for kids, so below you will find those submitted so far.
I have also added a form at the bottom of this page to see how many others would like to post photos of their children’s or grand childrens! DIY. Post yours here
Homemade Finger Paints
By Angela (Hampshire)
I used to work with children every day and I think it is important to know exactly what is in the products I give them to play with especially when half of it ends up in their mouths.
These homemade finger paints are not only incredibly cheap and very easy to make, but they give the kids hours of fun. Plus you probably have all the ingredients in the cupboard already, so why not have a go at making some homemade finger paints for your little ones.
This recipe makes at least six cups of paint.
Things you will need:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of cold water
- 2 cups of boiling water
- Food Coloring
- Mix the flour and salt together. Add the cold water (2 1/2 cups) and stir until nice and smooth.
- Pour the 2 cups of boiling water into a sauce pan and gradually stir in the flour mixture.
- Whilst stirring continuously bring the mixture back to boiling point and then simmer (still stirring) until thick and smooth.
- If the mixture has become to lumpy, give it a quick blast with a whisk or push it through a sieve.
- Divide the mix into individual pots then add the food coloring to your required color.
Homemade Potato Stamp Art
by Tiffany (PeaceAndLoveToAll)
Want to save money by making your own art for your home? This article will show you a simple way to create beautiful pieces of art.
You Will Need
- Acrylic paint
- A Knife
- Paint Brushes
- Canvas or Paper
- With the potato or potatoes carve shapes into it any way you like. It could be hearts, circles, organic shapes, whatever looks cool to you.
- Then put some paint on a paper plate, dip the potato, and stamp it onto your canvas. Don’t worry about getting it perfect because abstract art looks very modern and great in any home.
- Experiment with colors and shapes until you create a beautiful work of art! Easy as that!
My flower painting above was created using potato stamps 🙂
Peace&Love to all!
Mad Hatter Doll by Abbie
By Abbie (England)
Made this doll at school and think it turned out really well.
Super Fun Bouncy Balloon
By Evelyn Pikalov
Here’s a quick bouncy balloon idea, all that you need for this fun craft for kids, is one normal balloon (preferably see through) and two small bouncy balls.
- First, you take one small bouncy ball, and push it through the small tube like thing in the balloon and fit it through, without ripping the balloon. It should end up in the balloon. Repeat with the second small bouncy ball.
- Second, blow up the balloon, but not with helium or anything else that will make it float, just plain old carbon dioxide.
- Tie the balloon so that it is blown up and the bouncy balls are still inside. Shake it and see what happens. Enjoy!