The two floral handmade soap recipes below are great, you don’t have to moisturise after using them and they will leave your skin feeling soft and you feeling revived!
Luxury Handmade Soap Recipe
This is one of the first handmade soap recipe I made and it has a lovely feminine and exotic aroma. With the help of frankincense, may chang and the uplifting citrus oils you’ll have all you need to fight off the signs of ageing. It simply relieves tension and allows you to start the day with a smile.
- 7 oz (200g) Olive Oil
- 4 oz (100g) Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 1/2 oz (70g) Sunflower Oil
- 2 1/2 oz (65g) Coconut Oil
- 2 1/2 oz (60g) Palm Oil
- 1 fl oz (25ml) Calendula Oil
- 1 1/2 oz (40g) Beeswax
- 8 oz (225g) Distilled water
- 2 1/2 oz (65g) Lye (Sodium Hydroxide/Caustic Soda)
- 1 teaspoon (7ml) Lime essential oil
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Orange essential oil
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) May Chang essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) Frankincense essential oil
- A small handful of Dried Calendula Flowers
Specifics To This Recipe
Use the method outlined in How To Make Soap Using Cold Process plus the following recipe specific steps:
- In Step 4 – Combine oils and lye when both temperatures equally reach 130° F (55 C)
- In Step 6 – Reaches trace very quickly less than a couple of minutes with a stick blender and about 10 to 15 minutes by hand.
- In Step 7 – Once you have poured the soap into the mold you can make a pattern on the soap by dragging a fork across the surface to make a ripple, or you can create your own.
Photos From This Recipe:
Soothing Calendula Soap Recipe
The second recipe is created using calendula and sunflower, it’s a full of natural vitamins and minerals and is excellent for soothing chapped and cracked skin.
This really is a neat looking soap that has a medium to hard feel about it together with a frothy lather and creamy texture. It’s suitable for all skin types so would make a great gift.
Makes 12 bars (half for a smaller 6 batch)
- 5 1/4 oz (149g) Lye (Sodium Hydroxide/Caustic Soda)
- 14 1/4 oz Distilled water
- 12 oz (340g) Coconut Oil
- 12 oz (340g) Sunflower Oil
- 8 oz (230g) Palm Oil
- 2 teaspoons (10g) Clary Sage essential oil
- 2 teaspoons (10g) Marjoram essential oil
- 3 tablespoons (45g) Dried Calendula Flowers
- 1 teaspoon (5g) turmeric (this gives a mild yellow color to the soap see Specifics to this recipe)
Specifics To This Recipe
Use the Cold Process Method plus the following recipe specific steps:
- In Step 4 – Combine oils and lye when both temperatures equally reach between 130° f (54 c) and 150° f (65c)
- In Step 5 – Mix the turmeric with a small amount of soap taken from the batch and then return it to the batch stirring rapidly.
- In Step 8 – Needs 5-week curing time.
Do you make handmade soap? What ingredients do you use?
I hope you enjoyed reading!
I would love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment or ask any questions below.