by Terrie (Fort Worth, TX)
- 2 to 3 tbsp Fenugreek powder
- Good quality Oil of choice*
- Glass jar with lid**
- Add the fenugreek powder to glass jar and cover with oil leaving 3/4 to 1/2 inch space at top of jar.
- Stir slightly to mix and warm bath jar on low heat for an hour.
- Remove from bath, allow to cool and cap jar with lid.
- Macerate in pantry for two weeks (or longer if desired), shaking jar daily.
- Strain oil throught coffee filter and store in dark bottles for use.
I’m not a cook that measures, so when I started making infused oils and homemade salves, etc. I didn’t measure and The notes below reflect that.
* Depending on the use of the final oil, I use different ratios of the following oils: safflower, sunflower, grapeseed, sweet almond, jojoba, olive, mustard, coconut or walnut.
For example, I use fenugreek infused oil recipe on my hair so I want the final oil to be light. Based on that, I blend light oils with hair related properties together, then infuse the fenugreek powder in the following blend and order – jojoba (50%), coconut (30%), sunflower (10%)and olive oil (10%).
** I use the Kerr 16oz regular mouth mason jars to make oil infusions in.