The dreamy night time soap is a wonderfully relaxing and gentle homemade bath soap, the lavender and sweet orange essential oils have sedative powers that will help to give you a good night’s sleep.
The oils and beeswax in this homemade soap have been chosen for their superb moisturizing qualities that will help to keep your skin feeling soft, smooth and looking good.
Adding the tangerine oil gives a little kick to this soap, reviving your mood as well as leaving a lovely fresh smell on the skin.
Ingredients For this Dreamy Night Time Soap Recipe
- 10 1/2 oz (300g) Olive Oil
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 1/2 oz (65g) Coconut Oil
- 2 1/2 oz (60g) Palm Oil
- 1 1/2 oz (40g) Beeswax
- 2 1/2 oz (65g) Lye (Sodium Hydroxide/Caustic Soda)
- 8 oz (230g) Mineral water
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Tangerine essential oil
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Orange essential oil
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Lavender essential oil
Making this Homemade Bath Soap
- Make sure the room you are making the soap in is well ventilated. Oil a plastic mould and then line it with greaseproof paper.
- In a large sized stainless steel pan, melt the beeswax, olive oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil and palm oil over a low heat.
- Put on protective eyewear, mask, apron and long rubber gloves. Pour the mineral water into a plastic jug or bucket. Slowly, add the lye, using a plastic spatula to stir until dissolved.
- Use two jam thermometers, one for the lye mix and one for the oil mix.
- Make sure you continue wearing the protective clothing.
- When both mixtures cool to 131 F (55 C) immediately pour the lye mix into the oils mixing with a hand whisk, stir continuously until well combined.
- Continue to stir until the mixture becomes thick enough, (when a bit of the soap is drizzled over the top and it leaves a line/ trace).
- Pour in the tangerine, sweet orange and lavender essential oils and stir thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the mould that you prepared before.
- Leave it covered with cardboard, in a warm, dry place for 24 hrs in order for it to set.
- Line a wooden board with greaseproof paper, put some protective gloves on and turn the soap out onto the board.
- Use a carving knife to cut into your desired shape/size, or use a biscuit cutter.
- Put them into a tray lined with greaseproof paper and leave for four weeks in a warm dry place, turning them occasionally.
This homemade bath soap works best whilst having a nice long soak in the bath before bedtime.
Tell me below if you love it, I know I do!
I hope you enjoyed reading!
I would love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment or ask any questions below.