by Lizz (Canada)
The Cheesy Potato Dinner with Apple and Apricot Dessert is my babies favorite homemade 2 course babyfood menu, he’s been enjoying these two dishes since he was 6 months old. He is 11 months old now and still enjoying them, only I no longer have to mash or liquidize.
Both of these recipes make about 2 to 3 portions, but sometimes I make double and then freeze the rest in small portions by pouring it into ice cub trays and covering with foil, until its solid enough to transfer to an airtight container or a freezer bag.
I always make sure that I use the frozen baby food within a mouth of freezing, and defrost in the fridge or in the microwave when needed.
Cheesy Potato Dinner
- 1 medium potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 a small chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a small pan heat the oil and then gently fry the onion for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the potato and continue to cooking for 1 minute, Stir in the milk and water, cover and simmer until the potatoes are soft and cooked ( this usually takes abut 15 minutes) stirring a few times whilst simmering to prevent it from sticking.
- Remove from the heat and add cheese, mix well until all cheese has melted. Then liquidize or push though a sieve, if your baby food looks a little thick just add a little milk or water.
Apple and Apricot Dessert
- 2 Small eating apples
- 6 Finely chopped dried apricots
- Peel, core and chop 2 small apples and place in a pan with 6 finely chopped dried apricots.
- Add enough water to cover the fruit then simmer on a low heat until tender (about 5 minutes)
- Then liquidize or push though a sieve adding a little water if needed.