by Jane (Thornton, Colorado)
These homemade Christmas tree ornaments are simple to make and they look very effective when hung from the Christmas tree! You can make these using most crafting beads and they are great fun to make either with your children or on your own!
What you will need:
- Pipe cleaners
- Plastic transparent beads ( I’ve used 5 to 10 mm )
How to make Your Beaded Christmas Tree Ornaments:
- You will need to bend the end of a pipe cleaner into a 90 degree angle. This will stop the beads from fall off the end of the pipe cleaner whilst threading the beads on.
- Thread the beads onto the pipe cleaner stopping about 1/2 inch from the tip.
- Twist the two ends of the pipe cleaner together to make a circle and then spread the beads around slightly to help cover the join.
- Your beaded pipe cleaner is now ready to shape. Attach short beaded lengths of pipe cleaner to add a striker to a bell or berries to holly.
- Hang your finished ornaments on to the tree with cotton or invisible thread.
Instead of joining the beaded pipe cleaners together twist the ends of the pipe cleaner separately to stop the beads falling off, this will create a beaded strand. The beaded strand can be shaped into a letter enabling you to spell out a name or Christmas message!
Hope you enjoy making yours as much as we did 🙂