Eyes are one of the most sensitive and delicate parts of the face.
Yet we often overlook and neglect them in. How many times a day do we rub them, pile them with makeup, submit them to glaring screens and dry smoky areas?
Because the skin around the eyes is fairly thin and extremely delicate, it will benefit greatly from using a natural homemade eye cream.
Don’t you think they deserve a little tender loving care?
If so, why not treat your eyes with one of our homemade eye cream recipes, they’re all made with natural ingredients and they really are fun and easy to make.
Eye Treatment Moisturizer
A very rich, nourishing and easy to make cream to smooth the lines from around the eyes
What you will need to make your natural eye cream
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Cocoa Butter
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lanolin
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Wheat Germ Oil
- 1 drop Rosemary essential oil
How to make your own eye cream
- Gently melt the cocoa butter and lanolin in a heavy based saucepan.
- Beat in the wheat germ oil and remove from the heat.
- Add the rosemary essential oil and then stir until cool.
- Put it into a sterile pot and cover.
- Smooth a dab of cream around each eye socket, working from the inside to the outside, over then under the
- Allow the cream to absorb through the night.
For a quick homemade eye cream to relieve tired eyes, immerse two teabags in hot water, squeeze out and leave to cool. Place the teabags over closed eyes for a few minutes. Next place a slice of cucumber over each eye, leave for a few minutes then rinse with cold water and pat dry.
Gentle Homemade Eye Gel
The protein in the gelatine will not only nourish the skin but will help to tighten and smooth it too.
Elderflowers also have a mild tightening and toning effect, and the eyebright can help to sooth and relieve tired eyes.
What you will need
- 1 small fresh spring of Elder Flowers or 1 elderflower teabag
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) dried Eyebright Leaves (available from most good herbalist)
- 5 fl oz (150ml) water
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) powdered gelatine
- Place the elderflowers, eyebright and water into a saucepan, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Cool and then strain the infusion.
- Put the gelatine and 3 tablespoons of the infusion into a small saucepan and leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- Place the saucepan over a low heat until the gelatine has melted.
- Transfer the mixture into a clean jar or pot with a lid. Allowing the gel to cool and solidify before placing the lid on it.
- With your finger tips, place a small amount of gel on to the skin around each eye. Dabbing the gel into the skin rather than rubbing it in.
Eye Tightening Pack
When your eyes are feeling tied and the bags are begging to show, relax with this nourishing under eye tighten pack.
Lie down and chill whilst this pack go’s to work, you’ll feel the benefits immensely!
What you need
- 1 small sprig of Rosemary Leaf
- 3 fl oz (100ml) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- Make a quick infusion by placing the rosemary sprig in a bowl and pouring over the boiling water, cover and leave to cool.
- Remove the rosemary and strain if necessary.
- Mix together the almonds, egg white and 2 tablespoons of the rosemary infusion.
- Dab the mixture under the eyes, put your feet up and relax for 15 minutes before rinsing of with warm water.
- If the skin feels a little dry massage the area with a little almond or olive oil.
Check out our step by step Home remedies for clear skin.