by Jacob Wood (Bendigo Vic Australia)
This is our simple 1-2-3 Easy Homemade Wine Brewing Method.
- 100 percent grape juice 1 litre
- 10 grams yeast bakers or brewers
- 3 cups of sugar (250ml cup)
- 3 litre bottle
- 1.5 litre pot
- 1 litre measuring cup
- Add the 1 litre of juice to the 3 litre bottle.
- Then put 3 cups of sugar in your 1.5 litre pot. Next add boiling water enough to dissolve the sugar. After the sugar has dissolved, top up the pot with cold water and add the contents of the pot to the 3 litre bottle.
- Shake well and then add the 10 grams of yeast. Shake again and then take the cap off the bottle.
- Place a balloon over the cap part and let it sit until balloon inflates (this method only takes 10-20 mins for the balloon to inflate which indicators fermentation has started).
- Next pierce 2 holes in the balloon with a pin. Now all you have to do is wait until the balloon deflates this takes between 3-4 weeks.
- After this You can syphon the wine from the bottle to other smaller bottles, but make sure That you do not to syphon any residue from the bottom of the bottle.
- After syphoning is done, refrigerate for 5 hours then your homemade wine is ready to drink. But after refrigeration you can rack the wine (the longer it sits the better it taste).
This is a good method for beginners.
Make sure everything you use is sterile